Read the Attitude and Perceptions document(Attitudes and Perceptions It is important to be aware of others’ perceptions in an organization. Sometimes a manager’s attitude can affect an entire department and its functions. Have you ever had to work for a person, such as a teacher, an instructor, a coach, or a supervisor, whose attitude caused everyone to be miserable? If no, you can choose a leader with whom you did not work directly but witnessed taking such an attitude with another subordinate. If you have never experienced this type of person, you may think of a television or a film character.)and answer the following questions based on your understanding of different perceptions and obstacles at a workplace:
- What, according to you, did that person do to create negative situations?
- What was your or the subordinate’s attitude toward the person in that particular situation?
- How does a negative management attitude affect trust among the employees? When a manager is not trustworthy, does this information spread to other departments?
- Suggest at least two ways you would solve the problems if you were the manager. Why would you adopt such measures?
- How do you describe your feelings and attitude when working for a leader who is positive and supportive versus a negative manager? How does a positive supportive leader affect trust among team members?
- How influential are perceptions of certain employees either in your team or in other departments?