- Review Chapters 4 and 5 from the course text, Human Resource Management: Functions, Applications, Skill Development. What best practices can be used to identify, analyze, and describe positions within a health care setting? In addition, what considerations and factors should be taken into account when recruiting job candidates?
- Reflect upon the recruitment process used in your current organization or one with which you are familiar. Then, select one setting to further investigate.
- Consider questions such as the ones below to identify the recruitment methods and steps involved in searching for and attracting potential employees.
- What is expected of the nurse manager in terms of recruitment?
- What is expected of HR in terms of recruitment?
- How are job openings posted and/or advertised?
- What challenges or constraints have been experienced with regard to recruiting desirable and qualified applicants?