Management homework help.
PC-1.2: Contribute to team goals and objectives through active participation and collaboration.
Consider your current work environment or one that you desire to join. Through a Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation, propose a team approach to achieve a long-term business goal.
Develop a slide presentation that includes the following:
· Title slide.
· Introduction: Be sure to introduce the reason you are proposing a team approach by identifying the long-term business goal you desire to achieve.
· Actions for the organization level (see DuBrin text, Table 9-1)
§ Identify which of the seven actions are appropriately established and which need to be revised or developed.
§ Propose recommendations for policy and structure changes to better enable the successful deployment of a team approach.
· Actions at the leader level (see DuBrin text, Table 9-1)
§ Using the 12 actions that leaders can take as a model, identify three strengths that seem generally consistent among leaders in the organization and three opportunities for development.
§ Propose recommendations for leader training and development to help the team approach succeed.
· Actions at the individual level (see DuBrin text, Quiz 9-1 and Quiz 12-3)
§ Using the Leadership Self-Assessment Quiz 12-3, determine your personal conflict resolution style and summarize what indicates for team membership and leadership.
§ Using the Leadership Self-Assessment Quiz 9-1, determine your team player attitudes and propose recommendations for how you will improve your ability to contribute to team goals and objectives through active participation and collaboration.
· Conclude with a call to action that seeks sponsorship and support for this initiative.
Provide detailed notes: The detail of what would be your verbal presentation must be represented in the notes section of each slide.
· Demonstrate mastery of the topics.
· Inform and persuade your audience of your choices.
· While content points may be earned through the individual slides, the use of research will be demonstrated through the notes.
· Analysis points will mostly be earned through the notes of each slide.
· Include citations, as needed, in the notes sections.
· References: Any references used may be placed in the notes section of the concluding slide as it is not necessary for the audience to see this list.
Professional presentation and clarity of slides:
· It is important that the slides be streamlined, interesting, visually appealing, and professional.
· The use of an appropriate template, SmartArt to graphically depict information, and use of graphics to enhance the message is important. Do not just submit a plain PowerPoint deck that is filled with words and bullet point lists.
· The presentation must be interesting, visually appealing, and memorable.
· Slides should not be overly cluttered and should be easily viewed when presented in a large setting. Use an appropriate font and font size.
· Slides must be grammatically correct and free of misspelled words.
The assessment will be evaluated using the Competency Assessment Checklist Rubric. Therefore, be sure to review this rubric in order to understand the criteria. Please ensure detailed notes for each slide. It is important that the slides be streamlined, interesting, visually appealing, and professional.
Minimum Submission Requirements
· This Assessment should be a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation.
· Respond to the bullet points in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your presentation should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
· Your presentation must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
· Your presentation should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
· Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
· A separate page at the end of your presentation should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
· Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations were appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review APA formatting and style found in the Writing Center accessed through the Academic Success Center within the Academic Tools area.
If work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned without being scored.