English homework help. Soc 114 Source Analysis #______
Respond to each of the following using complete sentences.
1. Provide your source citation in MLA format in the text box below. (2 points)
Author. Title. Title of container (self-contained if book), Other contributors (translators or editors), Version (edition), Number (vol. and/or no.), Publisher, Publication Date, Location (pages, paragraphs and/or URL, DOI or permalink). 2nd container’s title, Other contributors, Version, Number, Publisher, Publication date, Location, Date of Access (if applicable).
Example (Online Source):
Lundman, Susan. “How to Make Vegetarian Chili.” eHow, www.ehow.com/how_10727_make-vegetarian-chili.html. Accessed 6 July 2015.
Complete Source Citation:
2. Summary: identify several useful points that could best contribute to your research and group project (80-100 words). You may use bullet points or a list in this section. (2 points)
Significant Points –
3. Your theoretical analysis (100-150 words): Use the main concepts of just ONE sociological theory (functionalism, conflict, symbolic interactionism, or social exchange) to explain what is happening and why it’s happening in this example. Connect at least three key concepts of the theory to specific examples in your source item. This section is a place to think deeply about the material and the messages or ideas it conveys about people, circumstances, or society. (10 points)
Name of Theory –
4. Thought Process: Discuss specific elements that made you confused or questions that you have about the text. Respond to the following prompts to develop your ideas (3 points):
a) Motivation: What made you to choose this particular item to analyze?
b) Bias: Does anything about this source suggest that the author or creator was expressing either an obvious or hidden bias? Be specific about how you got those impressions.
c) Connection to Academic Learning: This item makes me think of ____ from my [history, psych, political science, economics, literature, biology, chemistry, etc. class].
a) Motivation –
b) Bias –
c) Academic Learning –
5. Question: What is the next question that you will research for this project? Why did you choose that question? What do you hope it will contribute to your learning process? (3 points)