English homework help.
ssignment 2: Finding the Main Idea and Creating a Response to It
Recall from Week 1 that main ideas and thesis sentences are really two sides of the same coin. Writers create thesis sentences. Readers pick out the main idea from what they read, which is usually the thesis sentence of the writer. This week, you continue practicing writing thesis sentences and sentence outlines.
By Day 7
- Locate one additional article related to one of this week’s case study topics, other than the one you used in your Discussion.
- Complete the Source Quality Rating Document found in the Week 2 Learning Resources.
- Determine the main idea of the article.
- After you have determined the main idea of the article, craft your own thesis in response to the article’s main idea. You may create a thesis statement which agrees with the article’s main idea, or you may create a thesis statement which disagrees with the article’s main idea.
- Once you have created your own thesis statement, develop a sentence outline which supports your thesis.
- There is an example Week 1 Assignment 2 document, located in the Week 1 Learning Resources. You may also use this example for Week 2 Assignment 2.
- Be sure to provide attribution, using APA formatting, for any sources used.
- Create one document that includes:
- The thesis statement and the sentence outline you created
- Your completed Source Quality Rating document
Note: To create one document, copy and paste all of the content of one of the documents into the other. Save this as a single file and submit it by Day 7.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK2Assgn2+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Basic Integrated Reading/Writing Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 2 Assignment 2 link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK2Assgn2+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.
To access your rubric:
Basic Integrated Reading/Writing Rubric
Check Your Assignment Draft for Authenticity
To check your Assignment draft for authenticity:
Submit your Week 2 Assignment 2 draft and review the originality report.
Submit Your Assignment by Day 7
To submit your Assignment:
Week 2 Assignment 2
Week in Review
This week you continued to restate main ideas, develop persuasive arguments, thesis sentences and topic outlines. You also applied grammar and mechanics through Personalized Learning Plans. Next week you will move from practicing the development of thesis sentences and outlines to writing one that matters most – the one you will use as the basis for your Final Project.