Criminal homework help. Part 1
this is the book that can use along with sources Siegal, L. J., & Worrall, J. L., Essentials of Criminal Justice, 9th Ed., Cengage
- Would you allow a community correctional center to be built in your neighborhood? Why or why not?
- Should pretrial detainees and convicted offenders be kept in the same institution? Explain.
- Should inmates be allowed to choose the type of prison in which they serve their sentence?
- Should private companies be allowed to run correctional institutions? Why or why not?
- Considering the dangers that men face during their prison stay, should nonviolent inmates be placed in separate institutions to protect them from harm?
- Should women be allowed to work as guards in male prisons? What about male guards in female prisons?
- Should prison inmates be allowed a free college education while non-criminals are forced to pay tuition?
- Which would be more effective: telling inmates that they have to earn the right to be paroled? Or, giving inmates their parole date in advance and telling them they will lose it for misbehavior.
book del Carmen, R. V. Criminal Procedure: Law and Practice, 9th Ed., Cengage
- What are the goals and objectives of sentencing? Discuss each. Are these goals consistent or inconsistent with each other?
- What is sentencing disparity and why does it exist? What can be done to reduce sentencing disparity?
- What are sentencing guidelines? Discuss some of its features.
- What is blended sentencing? Give its variations. Are you in favor of or against it?
- Give an overview of the types of legal liabilities to which police officers may be exposed in connection with their work.
- What two elements are needed for civil cases under Section 1983 to succeed? Explain what each means.
- What is the public duty doctrine? Explain its main exception.
- What is the good faith defense in Section 1983 cases? How does it differ from the good faith defense in state tort cases?