Southern States Cooperative ApplicationOverview
Assume that you have been hired as a business intelligence consultant for Southern States Cooperative, where you will be analyzing the use of business intelligence and analytics for their farmer-owned cooperatives in the United States. Using the End of Chapter Application Case: Southern States Cooperative Optimizes Its Catalog Campaign, from this unit’s readings, as a basis for your assignment, write a 7–8 page paper including graphics addressing how analytics can be used in their business.
Write a 7–8 page paper including graphics that summarizes your conclusions. Include the following in your paper:
- Formulate how prescriptive analytics techniques in combination with reporting and predictive analytics can be use in this case.
- Construct analytical models for selected decision problems including linear programming and analytic hierarchy process models that could be used in their business.
- Formulate a possible heuristic search method and simulation model for decision support that would be relevant to the company’s business.
- Explain how applications of automated rule systems and expert system technologies can be used.
- Analyze how knowledge management and collaboration support systems would benefit their farmer-owned cooperatives in the United States.
You can use concepts from the “Southern States Cooperative Optimizes Its Catalog Campaign” case to make any assumptions about the needs of the business you are addressing.