Review the notes you took while watching the Individual Counseling Session video in Wk 1.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word biopsychosocial assessment of the client in the video.
In your assessment, complete the following:
- Describe the presenting problem.
- Explain the history of the problem.
- Describe the client’s family, social, educational, and vocational history.
- Identify any legal or ethical issues.
- Describe the client’s mental status through the standard mental status examination.
- Provide a thorough case conceptualization according to your personal theoretical orientation.
- Provide a DSM-5 diagnosis.
Write a 350- to 700-word treatment plan according to your personal theoretical orientation.
In your treatment plan, complete the following:
- Provide a brief summary of the diagnosis and presenting issues.
- Develop 2 to 3 client goals.
- Create objectives and strategies to meet those objectives.
- Provide a brief justification of your treatment plan supported by research.
Include a minimum of 2 peer-reviewed references.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.
Bring a draft copy (hard copy or electronic if you are bringing your laptop) to the face-to-face portion of residency for class discussion before submitting your assignment
- Center for Writing Excellence
- Reference and Citation Generator
- Grammar and Writing Guides