The economy is driven by data ~Data sustains an organization’s business processes and enables it to deliver products and services. Stop the flow of data, and for many companies, business comes quickly to a halt. Those who understand its value and have the ability to manage related risks will have a competitive advantage. No matter how well an organizations data is protected, eventually there will be a breach of security or a natural disaster. Well prepared organizations create an incident response team (IRT).
- Why is there a significant difference between quality assurance & quality control?
- Why does therelationship between QA/QC impact risk management?
- Why are policies needed to govern data both in transit and at rest (not being used – accessed)?
- What are some best practices YOU recommend in regards to incident response policies?
- When an incident occurs, there are a number of options that can be pursued. Which specific action(s)would YOU recommend when assets of a low value are being attacked?
To participate in the Discussion, respond to the Discussion promptby Day 3. Then, read a selection of your colleagues’ postings. Finally, respond to at least two classmatesby Day 5in one or more of the following ways:
•Ask a probing question.•Share an insight from having read your colleague’s posting.•Offer and support an opinion.•Validate an idea with your own experience.•Make a suggestion.•Expand on two of your colleagues’ postings.