Applied Article Analysis Assignment Instructions
Choose 1 applied (program evaluation or action research) article and compose a 3-page review (not including the reference page in the count). Your review must include 2 sections: (1) a summary of the article, and (2) a critical analysis of the article. Because applied research could be either quantitative or qualitative in nature, you must be able to distinguish the correct characteristics in order to include the correct components. All articles must be of studies conducted and published in the United States or Canada within the past 5 years.
Your summary must include:
- Identify whether article is more quantitative or qualitative in nature and/or if program evaluation or action research, if applicable.
- The purpose of the study;
- A description of participants/sample/setting;
- The research design
- The method of data collection
- The results.
Your analysis must include:
- Opportunities for further research not already stated in the article,
- Other original insight or criticism, and
- Implications of the findings.
See your textbook if you need more help evaluating your article. Please remember to include a reference page. All citations and references must be in current APA.
**Note: Applied research can have quantitative or qualitative components; however, it must be true applied research.