The goals of the research paper assignment are to help you:
- become more knowledgeable about finding and using varied research sources in Information Technology.
- further develop your critical thinking skills and back up your points with evidence.
- become more adept at synthesizing information and developing informed views.
- discipline yourself to follow a scholarly research format to document in-text sources and an annotated bibliography.
- compose a well organized, clear, concise, research paper to expand your knowledge on an IT related topic in security, ethics, or a privacy concern.
Select a research paper topic
When you submit the topic you have chosen for your research paper please include the following information:
- Why will writing about this topic be beneficial to you? What do you hope to learn from researching your topic? [If you are not vested in your topic, chances are your incentive to write about the subject will be weak. If you are interested in the topic you will probably write a better paper.]
- What is your thesis for this paper? The thesis is generally a sentence or two, which states the main point/s in your paper. It is NOT a question.
- Who is your intended audience? Discuss what people or group of people might benefit from reading your paper.
I have the base of the topic, you need to write according to that, 9 Pages with Introduction and Citations