Required ResourcesRead/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapters 1, 2
- Local newspaper
- APA style manual
- Citation and Writing Assistance: Writing Papers At CU(Links to an external site.)
- Library Overview(Links to an external site.)
- How to Search for Articles – the Everything Tab(Links to an external site.)
InstructionsFind an article in your local newspaper about a local policy issue that affects you. For example, an article concerning your county’s decision to privatize your trash collection service. Summarize the article and explain how this issue affects you. Is the article neutral? Why or why not? How might you influence this policy in the future?
Be sure to include a scanned copy of the article in your submission in addition to citations. There are several free scannable apps on the market such as Scannable. If printing is an obstacle, you may include a hyperlink to the article. However, if the link breaks or can not be accessed the burden falls on you to produce that article or to risk losing points.
Articles may not be more than one month old.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 3 full pages (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page