Unit 4.1 DB: Engineering Challenge! Unit 4.1 DB: Engineering Challenge! Complete the following challenge at home using materials that you have on hand: There is a full vessel (bucket, pot, or other container) of water on the floor in the middle of the room and an empty vessel four feet away. Your challenge is to devise a system to move the water from the full vessel to the empty one. You can move the water in whatever fashion you wish, but you cannot lift or move either of the vessels. Use whatever materials you want and have at home to create your system. In your initial post answer the following questions about designing your system and completing the challenge:
- List the everyday tools in your home environment that you used or repurposed to solve this challenge. Briefly, why did you choose them? What properties of the tools did you need to consider?
- Background and prior knowledge
- Think about how your background experiences and prior knowledge informed your solution. Describe a childhood experience or other association that relates to this challenge.
- Challenge with children
- What are some ways that you could engage children’s background and prior knowledge or experience when doing this in your classroom?
- List two vocabulary words you would highlight during this challenge. Briefly explain your word selections, including how they will enhance conceptual knowledge.