To complete this Assessment:
- Download and review the Community General Hospital Case Study.
- Research quality and safety measures using the links provided in the Case Study document and in the Learning Activities.
- Consider the priority areas for measurement for Community General Hospital. Based on the case study, select 6–8 measures for inclusion in a dashboard for the Community General Hospital Board.
- Determine how you will display the measures in your dashboard.
Click each of the items below for more information on this Assessment.
Part 1: Dashboard
Using Excel or PowerPoint, create a quality dashboard based on the Community General Hospital Case Study. Your dashboard must include 6–8 measures. Use mock data to represent the measures you have chosen.
Part 2: Written Summary
To accompany your dashboard, write a 2- to 3-page paper in which you do the following:
- Identify the 6–8 quality measures you have chosen for your dashboard. Explain why these measures are important to the organization.
- Analyze how the Triple Aim/Quadruple Aim is represented in your chosen measures.
- Explain how you displayed the measures. Justify your choice of display.
- Provide a strategy for communicating the dashboard throughout the organization.
- Explain how the dashboard could be used as a leadership tool to improve patient outcomes.