The 18th-century French writer known as Voltaire has been quoted as having said, “No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking.”
When faced with a problem, what do you do to solve it?
This assignment asks you to apply a six-step problem-solving process to a specific problem scenario.
You will write a paper that presents a synthesis of your ideas about solving the problem using this systematic approach.
- Follow and Read the article, The Problem-Solving Process.
- Write a 4–5 page paper in which you:
- Define the problem in the scenario that you chose in the Week 7 assignment, Problem-Solving: Part 1, Attached.
- Analyze the problem in the scenario.
- Generate options for solving the problem in the scenario.
- Evaluate the options for solving the problem.
- Decide on the best option for solving the problem.
- Explain how you will implement the chosen solution and reflect on whether this option was the most effective.
The paper should follow guidelines for clear and organized writing:
- Include an introductory paragraph and a concluding paragraph.
- Address the main ideas in body paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences.
- Adhere to standard rules of English grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and spelling.