Article writing homework help.
Essay should INCLUDE:
- An interesting and informative title
- A clearly stated thesis in the introduction that articulates your position and what you want to argue in your paper.
- Logical and clear reasons supporting your argument
- A document formatted in correct MLA format
- 5 sources (peer-reviewed journals, books, and reliable web sources)
- One of your sources must disagree with your argument and be used to create a counterargument. A counterargument occurs when you show what the opposing side claims and then refutes that side. For instance, if I am arguing that public schools should require children to be vaccinated unless a documented medical reason prohibits vaccination, then I might cite a source that argues that vaccinations are dangerous. I would show one or two main reasons the source gives and then show why those reasons are invalid as I prove my point about the need for vaccines.
- A refutation of opposing arguments (in the counterargument)
- A synthesis of sources; do not simply summarize your source material, but show how they are connected and respond to them.
- A works cited page in MLA format with corresponding in-text citations. The works cited page should be included in the same document as your essay.
Choose your topic from the Gale Opposing Viewpoints database: http://ic.galegroup.com.dcccd.idm.oclc.org/ic/ovic/?p=OVIC&u=txshracd2500
- U.S. Borders (Emigration & Immigration)
- Civil Rights
- Popular Culture
- Culture of Beauty
- Celebrity Culture
- Renewable Energy
- Animal Experimentation
- Technology & Education
- Criminal Justice
- Millennial Generation
- Genetically Modified Foods
- Social Media
- Video Games